We are an independent school in Guelph, Ontario that offers education to children from kindergarten until grade eight as well as parent and child classes from birth until 4 years old. Our school serves families who wish to send their children to a school that will welcome them openly and meet their holistic needs.
We help these families fulfill their wishes by providing a warm and inviting environment with loving teachers who care deeply for their children. The teachers at our school help assist in unearthing and discovering each child’s gifts and life purpose by providing a curriculum that is broad, comprehensive, vibrant and academically vigorous.
We believe that education should always:
- Be developmentally appropriate with a focus on experiential learning
- Integrate arts (visual, textural and performing), nature connection and hands-on-activities (i.e. cooking, woodworking, gardening and knitting) into the curriculum on a daily basis
- Foster a reverence, wonder and appreciation for the world’s beauty and an awareness of the inter-connectedness of all living things.
- Nurture courage and creativity and generate an inner enthusiasm for learning within the child
- Prepare children for the changing world we live in by increasing their resiliency
- Not rush to place tablets and laptops in the hands of young children because the power of the technology drowns out other forms of sharing and absorbing information.
Trillium Waldorf School was first established in 1996 by a community of caring parents who were concerned about the educational and societal trends at that time. This determined and inspired group yearned for a local school that kindled their child's imagination, encouraged critical thinking, and ... Read more
“Anthroposophy is a path of knowledge to guide the spiritual in the human being to the spiritual in the universe. It arises in man as a need of the heart, of the life of feeling, and it can be justified only inasmuch as it can satisfy this inner need.” ~ Rudolf Steiner, Founder of Waldorf ... Read more
Because a Waldorf School endeavors to awaken and maintain a child’s experience of the mysterious through awe and wonder, parents often ask if it is a religious school. This is a difficult question to answer because the term religious can be understood in so many different ways. Perhaps the most ... Read more