Waldorf schools offer a developmentally appropriate, experiential approach to education. They integrate the arts and academics for children from early childhood through grade twelve. Waldorf Education℠ aims to inspire life-long learning in all students and to enable them to fully develop their unique capacities.
Founded in the early 20th century, Waldorf Education is based on the insights, teachings and principles of education outlined by the world renowned anthroposophist, artist and scientist, Rudolf Steiner. The principles of Waldorf Education evolve from a profound understanding of human development, that address the needs of the growing child. These principles inspire and guide teachers, administrators, board members and parents today.
Waldorf education values:
- family and community life
- a healthy unfolding of childhood
- joy in the learning process
- education focused on wholeness in body, soul, and spirit
- intellectual excellence, imagination, strong memory, and problem solving skills
- viable alternatives to high stake testing
- age-appropriate use of the media
- training of ethical and moral judgement
- beauty of the environment as a formative force in the child’s world
During our time together we trust you will witness our commitment to nurturing our students as they unfold and develop their unique potential, gain a deep inner sense of purpose and lifelong confidence to act as conscious citizens of a more beautiful world we know is possible.