Part Time French Language Teacher September 5, 2017 – June 15, 2018
Trillium Waldorf School is currently accepting resumes for a part-time French Language Teacher for grades 1 – 8 (approximately 25 forty minute lessons per week). This is a one year contract position from September 5, 2017 – June 15, 2018. Salary range: $20.16 – $26.55 depending on experience.
PURPOSE/SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
The French Language teacher is responsible for lesson preparations and instruction, working within the framework of Waldorf education and curriculum. The teacher will work with the grade class teachers and other specialist teachers as a group, and prepare oral and written reports at regular intervals during the year. There are some administrative and supervisory duties in addition to teaching responsibilities, including periodic attendance at Faculty meetings.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Ideally, a candidate will have Waldorf Teacher Education certification, or demonstrated abilities in the application of the pedagogical underpinnings of a Waldorf program.
- A University Bachelor Degree, and at least two years teaching experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Be a native French language speaker.
- Familiarity with a vast repertoire of children’s rhymes, poems, songs, and games, and the ability to choose appropriate material from these sources.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An approachable manner with colleagues, parents, and students.
- A willingness and proven ability to work within a community environment.
- Active and ongoing research and development in your area of academic expertise.
- Skills in classroom management and discipline follow-through.
- Previous experience in a Waldorf/Steiner school or knowledge of Waldorf education is an asset.
We invite interested applicants to send a cover letter, resumé, and references by July 14, 2017 to:
Human Resources Committee ~ Trillium Waldorf School
540 Victoria Road North, Guelph, ON N1E 6Z4
Trillium Waldorf School is committed to employment equity, and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates;
however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all candidates in advance, but can only contact those selected for an interview.
Part-time contract September 6, 2017 to June 15, 2018 Trillium Waldorf School is currently accepting applications for an After-School Care Teacher (Part-Time) for the 2017-18 school year The After-school Care Program is provided for mixed ages of students from Kindergarten to Grade 8, from ... Read more
Permanent Part Time position September 2017 to June 2018 PURPOSE/SCOPE OF THE POSITION: The Parent and Child Teacher is responsible for creating and offering the Parent and Child program for parents and their pre-school children. The program entails snack preparation, circle time, arts and ... Read more