JOB POSTING: French Language Teacher 2017-18
Trillium Waldorf School is currently accepting resumes for a French Language Teacher for grades 1 – 8 (approximately 22 forty minute lessons per week). This position begins as soon as possible. Salary range: $20.16 – $26.55 depending on experience.
PURPOSE/SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
The French Language teacher is responsible for lesson preparations and instruction, working within the framework of Waldorf education and curriculum. The teacher will work with the grade class teachers and other specialist teachers as a group, and prepare oral and written reports at regular intervals during the year. There are some administrative and supervisory duties in addition to teaching responsibilities, including periodic attendance at Faculty meetings.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- A University Bachelor Degree, and at least two years teaching experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Familiarity with a vast repertoire of children’s rhymes, poems, songs, and games, and the ability to choose appropriate material from these sources.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An approachable manner with colleagues, parents, and students.
- A willingness and proven ability to work within a community environment.
- Skills in classroom management and discipline follow-through.
- Previous experience in a Waldorf/Steiner school or knowledge of Waldorf education is an asset.
We invite interested applicants to send a cover letter, resumé, and references to:
Trillium Waldorf School is committed to employment equity, and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates;
however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all candidates in advance, but can only contact those selected for an interview.