JOB POSTING: Kindergarten Aftercare Teacher
Part Time March to mid-June, 2018
Salary $17.28 – $22.75/hr depending on experience
Deadline for Applying is March 16, 2018
Trillium Waldorf School (TWS) is in its 21st year of development, and currently serves approximately 170 students and their parents from birth through Grade Eight. TWS is located on a 3-acre site in the picturesque city of Guelph. Access to a local biodynamic farm, Guelph Lake, and conservation trails allows the school to offer outdoor and farming-based programs. Our dynamic teaching Faculty offers a wealth of diverse experience, and our active mentoring program supports new teachers in their work.
PURPOSE/SCOPE OF THE POSITIONS:
The Kindergarten Aftercare Teacher leads the aftercare program for kindergarten aged children. This is a contract, part-time position from March to mid June, 2018. It is a ONE AFTERNOON per week position, from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm.
The ideal candidate will have training and/or experience in Waldorf education and working with young children. In addition, the following qualities would be required:
- kindness, warmth, patience, energy, and a genuine dedication to Waldorf education;
- ability to create a warm and gentle environment for young children
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Waldorf Teacher Education certification preferred. Ability to work within Waldorf guidelines and out of anthroposophy essential.
- Two years care provider experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Willingness and proven ability to work within a community environment.
- Recent Police Check and CPR-First Aid Training.
We invite interested applicants to send a cover letter, résumé, and references to:
Human Resources Committee ~ Trillium Waldorf School
540 Victoria Road North Guelph, ON N1E 6Z4
Trillium Waldorf School is committed to employment equity, and welcomes diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates; however, only those legally eligible to work in Canada will be given priority. We thank all candidates in advance, but can only contact those selected for an interview.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request